Transfer Talk: Juventus Targets Manchester United’s Outcasts, Van de Beek, and Sancho
The January transfer window is still to open in Europe, but there’s already a buzz of activity and rumors circulating. According to Corriere Dello Sport, Juventus is eyeing a double move for Manchester United’s unsettled players, Jadon Sancho and Donny van de Beek.
Van de Beek, currently out of favor under manager Erik Ten Hag, is a potential loan target for Juventus with an option to buy. The Dutch midfielder has seen limited action, clocking just 21 minutes across two appearances this season.
Get Instantly Update By: Joining Our Whatapps and Telegram Channel
Juventus, facing absences in midfield due to doping and betting bans for Paul Pogba and Nicolo Fagioli, is considering a double swoop. However, the situation with Sancho is more uncertain. Co-owner Jim Ratcliffe wants to assess if Manchester United can unlock the potential of the former Borussia Dortmund winger before considering his departure. If Sancho is available for transfer, United is reportedly seeking around £30 million, significantly less than the £73 million paid for his transfer in July 2021.
Other Transfer Buzz:
– AC Milan is reportedly eyeing a January move for Arsenal’s Jakub Kiwior to bolster their defensive options. The 23-year-old, who started just two games for Arsenal this season, may be offered a loan deal with the option for a permanent move to gain more playing time.
– Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez, who is leaving Gremio after a successful season, is rumored to be heading to Inter Miami CF in MLS. Suarez could reunite with former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi. The move is contingent on Inter Miami CF making adjustments to accommodate Suarez under the league’s salary cap.
– Sport reports that Barcelona could release striker Robert Lewandowski a year early due to a clause in his contract. If Lewandowski plays less than 55% of matches in the 2024-25 season, Barca may end his contract prematurely, potentially saving €22 million in wages.
– Manchester City is keeping a close eye on 17-year-old forward Claudio Echeverri during the Under-17 World Cup. City hopes their good relationship with River Plate will give them an advantage over other interested clubs, including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, and Juventus.
– Tottenham Hotspur aims to address their midfield issues by beating Newcastle United and Juventus to the signing of Manchester City’s Kalvin Phillips, as per Football Insider. With injuries and players participating in the Africa Cup of Nations, Spurs are looking to secure Phillips’ services ahead of other potential suitors.