-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

In the Lagos State neighborhood of Ojokoro, no less than eleven family lost everything after a gas explosion caused a fire that destroyed their house on Sunday.

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

In a WhatsApp chat on Monday, Ibrahim Farinloye, the Lagos State Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Authority, affirmed this to PUNCH Metro.

Farinloye claimed that the fire, which broke out at 2:00 pm, was caused by an occupant’s cooking gas while they were frying meat in a particular area of the building. The cooking oil then caught fire and destroyed the 14-room flat.

Get Instantly Update By:  Joining Our Whatapps and Telegram Channel 

 

-Advertisement-
Gossipinfo Advert
Are You Having Any Health Issue? Mukadam Herbals Provide Instant Solution
-Advertisement-

 

 

Four people were reported to have suffered varied degrees of injuries, including a four-year-old child named Faridat Shittu, her grandfather, grandmother, and uncle.

“A four-year-old girl is in critical condition at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital after her parents’ home at 1, Odubanwo Street was devastated by a cooking gas explosion,” Farinloye stated. Gbinrinmi, off Olaniyi Street, Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos.

“Three additional adults—her uncle, the grandmother, and the grandfather—are also receiving burn treatment for burns they sustained in the event yesterday, varying in severity. The grandma, who is in excruciating pain, told the hospital’s NEMA team that she was frying meat when the oil suddenly caught fire and that her attempts to put it out were ineffective, which caused the cooking gas to explode.

When the tragedy occurred at around 1400 hours, the young girl, Faridat Shittu, was asleep in the room. Nevertheless, she was safely rescued by members of the community and other injured victims. The strength of the explosion caused the entire 14-room structure, including the shops, to collapse into debris, leaving 11 families without a place to live.

PUNK According to Metro, a plank market in Lagos State’s Abule Egba neighborhood, situated near the Awori bus stop, was completely destroyed by fire on Sunday, destroying millions of naira’s worth of products and property.

Five minibusses, two pickup vans, two cars, and items valued at millions of naira were destroyed by the fire, according to the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.

PUNK Metro learned that the event happened on Sunday about 3:00 p.m.

A small section of the sawmill was undamaged by the fire, but a large amount was turned to ashes in a video given to our correspondent.

While the fire services worked to put out the fire, the shops tried to save their unaffected things from it.

Ahmodu Shakiru, the director of public affairs for the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, revealed that a high-tension power line breaking on a row of market booths was the source of the fire, causing an explosion of fire and a loud noise.

Similar fire incidents were reported in Kwara State and Oyo State, respectively, resulting in numerous casualties and the destruction of property.

-Advertisement-