Oluwaseun, an 18-year-old male student at Lagos State Skills Acquisition Centre Technical School, Egan, was killed in an elevator accident at a construction site in the state’s Ikoyi district.


PUNK Metro discovered that the dead victim was watching his industrial training program with the company on Wednesday, December 6, when the tragedy occurred.


On the day of the event, Oluwaseun, a native of Kwara State, reportedly began working with some of the construction workers. He was reportedly present at the site until the evening, when he vanished from sight.

Get Instantly Update By:  Joining Our Whatapps and Telegram Channel 



When work resumed on Thursday, a few of the engineers discovered that one of the lift shafts was broken.

A construction worker, going by just Dennis, told PUNCH Metro on Sunday that the deceased’s corpse was found inside the elevator after the engineers broke it open.

Dennis, a coworker who lives adjacent to the site, stated, “A few months ago, Oluwaseun joined the company and started working on the site.” He started back up in the morning and ended up closing virtually at the same time as other employees. However, by the time other engineers closed on Wednesday at around 5 p.m., they assumed he had left for home. Upon their return the following day, they found that the lift shaft had stopped functioning. Around 3:30 p.m., they broke it open and discovered the IT student dead inside.

Dennis added that the project engineer raced to the scene after being informed of the situation right away.

“The project manager went to the police station to report after seeing the body. Later, a group of police officers visited the scene and took images of the body. The on-call physician pronounced him dead at the hospital, where the officers also brought it,” he stated.

A police source in the area who craved not to be named as he was not authorised to speak on the incident told our correspondent that some physical injuries were seen on the corpse before he was evacuated.

We found some physical injuries on the body which suggested that he could have fallen from the lift shaft. His family has been contacted,” the police said. The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident on Sunday. He said, “The corpse has been deposited in the morgue for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing to unravel the cause of his death.”

Physical injuries that we discovered on his body raised the possibility that he may have fallen from the lift shaft. Police added, “His family has been contacted.” On Sunday, Benjamin Hundeyin, the public relations officer for the state police, verified the occurrence. “The corpse has been placed in the morgue for autopsy,” he declared. An investigation is underway to determine what caused his demise.