Yomi Fabiyi, a Nigerian actor, said that even after being abused for defending Baba Ijesha’s human rights, he had no obligation to Princess, Iyabo Ojo, or anybody else.
In an interview with the TVC, Yomi Fabiyi explained that people misunderstood what he stood for and that he didn’t support [email protected]
He simply wants Baba Ijesha’s right to speak, not just that of the claimed victim.
To buttress is poin in the video, he wrote :
Yesterday I was a guest on TVC, “YOUR VIEW”. I shared my view and opinion on #babaijesha
As an adult and a member of the voting public, I reserve the right to wish my country well, seek that my country is not taken BACKWARDS or PERPETUAL DARKNESS. My intention is to promote the frontiers of #HumanRights, #Peace, #Security & #Justice.
Rpe, exual abuses, hrrasment, child abus are crimes, not acceptable and MUST be punishable under the law if you are caught. Avoid crimes.
However, to have CLOSURE, TRUTH, FAIRNESS and JUSTICE in any case, 100% truth must be established and the rule of law followed. Fight against injustice, malicious prosecution and abuse of rights is germane. The series of unanswered questions that are begging for answers are:
1. How old is the girl? Is this abundantly established as stipulated by the laws of our land e.g proof of birth certificate, mother/adult present at the time of birth to testify or medical test? What if she is not 14years?
2. Police said they did not obtain the cctv from the crime scene, was there obstruction? Why did they claim there was NO NETWORK to recover cctv? The cctv must have been running before Baba Ijesha steps into the room, that will enable the court verify claims of sexual assault, entrapment, torture(trial by ordeal), obtaining confession under duress, illegal possession of arms, attempt murder etc by both parties
3. Why is the other accused person, who confessed to having sex with girl not in court, who removed him from the trial?
4. Why is the public and the justice system silent on the fact that the life of a minor(allegedly) was ENDANGERED to gather evidence. Where is it in our laws that an unauthorised person can lure, bait others to commit crime?The prerequisite for that action is erroed and it has no propensity in law. Why is their radio silence on this?
5. Why the silence on PARENTAL NEGLIGENCE during trial?
As a nation must be weary of how we use our PRISONS to cage and hurt people. The consequences traces back into the society like kinetic energy. We outside gets terribly endangered, insecured, unsettled, in prison-like lifestyles.
Get your conscience to work. We want the TRUTH.
Watch him speak after this: